Welcome 2017!! Now is the time to make our resolutions, goals and checklists. As we make our personal checklist for what we need to do it is important to also make a checklist for your home. For some of you that could be your permanent home and your beach home. For others it could be your lake home or mountain home. Whichever it maybe, your home (s) need monthly attention.
Here are our Top 5 Projects for January –
- Check all your plumbing. Make sure they are ready for the cold weather. Check for any leaks and make sure to get them repaired. Be sure to wrap any pipes that might be exposed to the cold weather. Also be sure to turn off the water at your outside hose bibs and outside shower.
- Check to make sure your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly. It is a good time to change the batteries.
- Clean your kitchen and pantry!! Start with your cabinets and take everything out one cabinet at a time and thoroughly wipe down the inside and outside of your cabinets. Before you put everything back take a look at what you don’t use any more and get rid of it. After you have gone through all your cabinets move on to the appliances. Give you ovens, cooktop, microwave and dishwasher a good cleaning on the inside and outside. Then move on to the refrigerator! Take everything out, throw out the leftovers from Christmas and New Years and check the expiration dates on everything, throw out what is bad. Then clean the inside and outside of your refrigerator. Also now is a good time to pull the refrigerator out and clean the sides, back and vacuum the bottom, remove the panel on the front if you can and wipe it down. Next move on to your sink and faucet and give them a good cleaning. Then take everything off your countertops and clean the countertop and backsplash. Before you put everything back be sure to wipe down all your small appliances. And finally clean your kitchen floors. After all the holiday baking, cooking, and entertaining with family and friends your floors need a good cleaning.
- Next is to make a list of room by room of what needs to be done. Once you have your list get started and don’t forget the closets. Start with the master bedroom and move on to the next bedroom until you have all the bedrooms done.
- The most important item on the January list is to make a call to Sandmark Custom Homes to get started on your next building or remodeling project…new kitchen, new bathroom, new master bedroom, new decks, we are here for all your home building and remodeling needs.
Some of you may be saying that is a lot to do in January, but if you get these things done now you will be ready for spring & summer time with family and friends. Your February checklist will be move projects.