Welcome to March! Our winter on the Outer Banks of North Carolina has been mild; we are hoping that March does not bring us any surprises. We are now entering our third month for house projects in preparation for the spring and summer beach season. House projects are applicable for all homes, including your permanent home, a beach home, lake home or mountain home. Whichever it may be, your home(s) & rentals need monthly attention.
Here are our Top 5 Projects for March –
- Now is a perfect time to tackle all the bedrooms, dust the baseboards and window sills, declutter your dressers and nightstands. Give all the furniture a good cleaning as well as bedding and linens. Vacuum, dust and clean every inch of all the bedrooms. Make sure the guest bedrooms are ready for your spring and summer visitors.
- Declutter your living and dining rooms.
- Straighten and clean the family room. Update books and replace games with missing pieces. Refresh throw pillows and clean blankets.
- The GARAGE is the collection spot for many items. Now is this time to find a proper home for everything. Clean and organize the garage. Check the lawnmower and yard and gardening equipment. Do they need spring tune ups?
- Call Sandmark Custom Homes to get started on your next building or remodeling project…kitchen, bathrooms, new master bedroom, decks? Let us help you remodel or build your custom dream home. We are meeting with people for the fall 2017 and winter 2018 projects…give us a call to get started.
There is plenty to do in March, but if you start now you will be ready for spring & summer time with family and friends. Your April checklist will bring many outdoor projects around your home and yard!