Yields: 30 pots
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 12 oz. chopped chocolate (from the block)
- 4 tsp finely ground espresso (put 1 pod in coffee grinder)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2-2/3 cups heavy cream
- 16 egg yolks
- 8 oz. sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Put chocolate, espresso and vanilla in a blender
- Whisk milk, cream, egg yolks, sugar and salt together in a saucepan until well combined.
- Stirring constantly, heat the saucepan to almost a simmer and keep stirring until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Pour the hot milk mix into the blender. (This only takes a few seconds).
- Pour into espresso cups and chill until set (2-3 hours).
Espresso Whipped Cream
Yields: 1 bag
- 32 oz. carton heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. coco powder1 tsp. espresso powder
- Mix all ingredients together. Whip till stiff peaks.
- Top each pots de crème with whipped cream.
Yields: 35 cookies
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Gluten Free flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl and whisk a little before adding the sugar.
- Add sugar; whisk until frothy.
- Stir in the flour and then add the melted butter. Mix to a smooth batter. (Can be kept in the fridge at this stage until required.)
- Spoon into spoon molds. Use a bread scrapper to clean the edges.
- Place in heated oven and bake 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool before removing from mold.
- Store in container. (Do not refrigerate.)