Looking for a great recipe to share with family and friends this August? Check out this recipe from Amanda Martin for Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wraps. A delicious summer recipe!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of pineapple (large enough pieces so they won’t fall through grill racks)
½ red onion (thinly sliced)
Drizzle of olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup teriyaki sauce (my favorite brand is “House of Tsang” found at Harris Teeter)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
4 wraps (you can use tortillas or flatbread if you prefer)
Optional: Lettuce, tomato, mayo
- Trim down fat and cut chicken breasts into 2-inch strips.
- Make the marinade for chicken.
- Mix together garlic powder, chili powder, salt & pepper, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey, and toasted sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside half for later.
- Place chicken and marinade in large plastic bag.
- Let marinade sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, I tend to let it sit overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut onion and pineapple.
- Place onion in a foil packet (add olive oil, salt, and pepper to packets).
- Place chicken and onion on grill. Grill chicken until cooked through and onion for approximately five to seven minutes or until soft.
- Grill pineapple for approximately two minutes on both sides.
- Assemble wraps by placing chicken, onion, pineapple, and any other desired topping on each wrap.
- Top with the teriyaki sauce you made earlier (marinade).
- Serve immediately with a cold beer.
Sweet Water Cool Breeze
Kona Longboard Island Lager