What’s an OBX Home Worth?
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients:
- 2 pie crusts (My favorite kind is the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium chopped carrots
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 450 or to suggested cooking temperate of pie crust.
- In a skillet on medium-high temperature heat butter and garlic.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and season with parsley, paprika, salt & pepper.
- In another pan on medium heat add flour, heavy cream, and chicken broth. Whisk until there are no flour lumps. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is a roux consistency.
- Combine both pans and mix together.
- Lay out bottom layer of pie crust in your pie dish. Add filling. Cover with top layer of crust. Crimp with fingers.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes, cut, serve, & enjoy!