What’s an OBX Home Worth?
Looking for a unique pasta to make? Amanda has a recipe for Baked Sausage, Mushroom & Spinach Pasta this month. Try it out for dinner soon!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 5 sausage links, cut into small circles (I tried something different and used HT Traders Provolone & Romano Cheese Chicken Sausage)
- 8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 16 oz penne noodles
- 1 can tomato pasta sauce (I used Tuscan Traditions Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce, approximately 25oz)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (set aside 1 cup)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil water for noodles. Once boiling cook noodle until al dente, or desired time listed on the box. Put cooked noodles aside until step #8.
- On medium heat, in a large pot, add olive oil and honey.
- Allow oil to heat for a moment before adding red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, and garlic.
- Stir for about a minute before adding sausage. (The sausage I used was already fully cooked so I just needed to heat it up. Adjust cooking time if you are using raw sausage.)
- Approximately 3 minutes later, add mushrooms and onion. Then add the spinach after another 2 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients until spinach has been cooked down.
- Turn down stove top to a simmer.
- Combine the noodles, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Mix everything together so you get a little bit of everything in each bite.
- In a large glass pan, pour the entire pot and spread it out evenly.
- Top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and started to brown.